Our SENCo is Mrs Samantha Widdup Telephone number: 01282 612709 Email address: email@example.com
The SENCo regularly reviews the progress and attainment of all children. Identification of a particular need may come from these reviews and/or discussions with key people.
The SENCo works closely with Key People and parents to plan an appropriate programme of intervention and support. External support is provided by Lancashire's Inclusion Team who provide specialist teacher support when it is requested by the SENCo.
We have nurture provision for children who may need more intensive adult support to close developmental gaps and access a more personalised learning environment.
All staff are paediatric first aid trained and most staff have received Epi Pen training.
Children with SEND
- We positively welcome children with Special Educational Needs to our school community believing that we can benefit the children concerned and the other children in the Nursery.
- Fully accessible with ramped entrances.
- Support of our experienced SENDCo.
- Disabled toilet, shower and changing facilities.
- Close liaison with Health Visitors, Social workers, Specialist Teachers and Therapists from the Child Development Centre.
Click on the link below to access Lancashire's Local Offer for Special Educational Needs and disabilities:
SEND Update link: