At McMillan Nursery School, we are committed to the education of all our children. During these uncertain times we want to reassure parents that the children’s education is still at the forefront of our minds.
YouTube Channel Link: McMillan Lancs
Click HERE for this week's non-fiction text.
Click HERE for SEND home learning support.
Activities for the week beginning 13th July
- Can you make a paper chain like the one in the story?
- TRANSITION ACTIVITY- Can you play ‘Simon Says’ with a grown up?
- Hold your own ‘Nursery Graduation’ party- make a cap and a scroll.
- Make a ‘Lockdown Memory Box’. Talk about the children’s memories of ‘lockdown’. Add different items/photos to the box, talking about the memories that have been made during this unusual time.
Activities for the week beginning 6th July
- TRANSITION ACTIVITY- Can you recognise your own name? / Can you write your own name?
- Talk about what makes you worried. Pull a ‘worried face’ in the mirror and then draw a worried face. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/pshe-eyfs-ks1-feeling-worried/zb6ngwx
- Use a computer or tablet with a grown up to find out about your new school. Can you draw a picture of yourself in your new school uniform?
The Tiger who came to Tea by Judith Kerr
- TRANSITION ACTIVITY- Can you get dressed independently?
- Can you put on your own shoes?
- Can you act out the story of ‘The Tiger who came to Tea’? Use the tiger mask to help you.
- Can you complete the tiger dot-to-dot? Think about how you hold your pencil
Activities for the week beginning 22/06/20
- Can you try one of the ‘at home building challenges’?
- Can you play a turn taking game? (e.g. a board game, card game)
- TRANSITION ACTIVITY- Can you fasten your own coat?
- Can you make up your own silly rhyme? https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/curations/rhyme-with-cbeebies
Lucy's Picture- book of the week 15/06/20
Activities for the week beginning 15/06/2020
- Can you make a textured collage- think about using materials for a purpose like Lucy’s picture.
- Can you make a tasty Father’s Day surprise?
- Can you talk about why your dad/grandad/uncle/brother is special to you?
- Can you make a shape picture?
Week 12 of home learning. Keep up the good work everyone!
The Three Little Pigs- Book of the week 08/06/20
Activities for the week beginning 08/06/20
- Can you draw or write who lives in your house?
- Can you build 3 houses for the little pigs?
- Can you make the characters from the story to retell the story?
- Can you colour the little pig’s houses?
The Selfish Crocodile- Book of the week 01/06/20
Activities for the week beginning 01/06/20
- Can you earn your tooth brushing badge with Hey Duggee from CBeebies? https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/puzzles/earn-your-tooth-brushing-badge-quiz
- Act of kindness- Can you do something kind for someone else, like the mouse did in the story?
- Can you make a healthy snack or lunch with foods that are good for your teeth?
Week 10 of home learning- it is lovely to see our families' Eid celebrations!
What the Jackdaw Saw- book of the week 25/05/20
Week 9 of home learning- yet more super work!!
Shark in the Dark- book of the week 18/05/20
Shark in the Park- book of the week 11/05/20
Activities for the week beginning 11/05/20
|Shark in the Park story props.pdf||Download|
Can you go on a phonics hunt?
Have a look around your house for objects beginning with the 's' sound and the 'a' sound. Have a go at sorting the objects into two groups- things beginning with 's' and things beginning with 'a'.
Can you make your own telescope?
Join Sam on Crafty Thursday and have a go at making your own telescope.
Superworm- Book of the week 04/05/20
Can you make a bug hotel?
Practice counting the ladybird spots
Can you have a go at the Number Blocks game on CBeebies?
The Very Hungry Caterpillar- Book of the week 20/04/20
Can you dance like a butterfly?
Little Lamb- Book of the week 13/04/20
Down on the farm jigsaw
It's Quacking Time- book of the week 06/04/20
Down on the Farm- Animal Sounds quiz.
Rabbit’s Nap- book of the week 30/03/2020
Activities to develop fine motor skills and pencil grip
Home Schooling Routine
List of useful websites
A MESSAGE TO PARENTS HOME-SCHOOLING DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK