Fundamental British Values
- the rule of law.
- individual liberty.
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs, and for those without faith.
A situation where everyone is treated equally and has equal rights.
The rule of law
Learning to manage our own feelings and behaviour: about learning right from wrong: about behaving within agreed and clearly defined boundaries: about dealing with the consequences.
Helping children to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and increase their confidence in their own abilities
Mutual Respect and tolerance
Learning to treat others as we want to be treated. How to be part of a community, manage our feelings and behaviour; and form relationships with others.
At McMillan Nursery School we actively promote Fundamental British Values
- We listen to the voices of our children and their families, and take pride in our school community.
- We consistently reinforce our high expectations of our children. Children are taught the reasons behind our expectations and that there are consequences when rules of broken.
- Within our safe and supportive nursery environment, children are actively encouraged to make choices on a day-to-day basis.
- We encourage children to treat each other, and our environment, with respect. We care for each other and listen to each other.
- "Sharing is caring"
- At McMillan we take pride in our multi-cultural setting and teach our children to celebrate the diversity in which we live and learn. We encourage parents and carers to support and participate in our events together as a community.